Thursday, October 28, 2010

Poker and Balance and the future...

Lately I've become somewhat of a poker slob. No routine, just kindof aimlessly playing some games when I feel like it and not really concentrating on the game. Part of that stems from worrying, worrying about the games drying up, worrying about poker not being a realistic endeavor, worrying about not being good enough.

Today i finally decided that I needed to stop worrying and just play. It sounds easy enough, but for someone with an obsessive personality it's actually quite challenging. I'm simply commiting myself to being consistent and playing quality poker for 3-8 hours a day (or whatever my schedule lets me do) and going from there. I'll be in vegas from Nov 15th to 24th playing the venetian deepstack series and then after that will be at home grinding online. I'm aiming at playing sng's and mixing in some longer sessions of PLO cash games. I've been 12-16 tabling at .25/.50 and like the game but want to get in longer sessions so I can increase my rakeback. Other than that I'll be updating regularly my status and taking some shots at qualifying for bigger online and live tournies, it's what I've been successful at in the past and what I hope to have success at in the future.

In other news, I'm training for a half marathon in Vancouver in Feb. and will likely be doing the Vegas half or full marathon in December 2011. I've just started training for it, but I'm going to keep updating my progress, my goal will be to get up to 70 miles a week before Feb, I'm not sure what my goal time for the race will be but likely 1:18 or under.

No comments: